Pedicab

Pedicab
Livin the dream

Friday, March 22, 2013

I'm not just telling you, I'm telling everyone!

One of the main purposes of writing this blog is because it will help me get to the IronMan 70.3 in April 2014.  How will sarcasm, bad puns and the random derision of Subway Jarod help me get to the  IronMan , you ask?  Allow me to explain:

Studies show that people who write down thier goals, achieve those goals more often than people who don't.  So I'm writing this stuff down AND, bonus.... I'm puting it out there for othes to see; to enroll others in my quest and therefor my eventual success.  Hence, der blog. For me it makes this real.

I wonder if there are stats on success rates of people who post goals in a public forum.  It seems like it would be more effective.  I know it is already for me.

Knowing that my wife, kids, friends, mom and some co-workers have access to my stated goals makes me want to achieve them.  It's vanity and pride really.  I can stand being the fat guy but I can't take being the guy who was all talk and never does anything.  The guy who made such a fuss about training for IronMan and then gave up.  So I'm not gonna shut up about IronMan or training.  The thought of not completing the task will be so painful, it will be unthinkable.

Oh and I joined the USAT (card below).  This is serious and I'm not F%#*ing around here.  This is gonna happen or I'm gonna die trying.  (yes my name is "Vernon", deal)

No comments:

Post a Comment