Pedicab

Pedicab
Livin the dream

Friday, May 17, 2013

Oh oh the Wells Fargo Wagon's comin' down the street, oh please let it be for me.

Oh a simpler time, waiting for the stage to bring that big box from the Sears Roebuck.  A gingham dress for Emmie Lou, a new pair of boots for paw and that modern wash board mommas been
wantin'.   I'm waiting on the stage as well.  For supplies I can't get here in the wilderness of McComb Mississippi. But not from Wells Fargo.  My Wells Fargo wagon is FedEx-Home and they're bringing my Amazon.com orders.


Finding the things I need to make it work here as a fledgling vegan and an aspiring triathlete requires effort, planning and patience. Making due with the limited offering's of the various grocery stores and occasionally going into town for supplies. Buying equipment at Walmart, struggling with the workout options (more on this later).  For everything else there is Amazon.com and FedEx-Home

Living the modern life in semi rural Mississippi is like that sometimes.  Mississippi requires patience and resourcefulness.  It's not a wild, lawless gold rush town peopled with cut throats and outlaws but I contend that McComb is semi rural, if it's not I don't want to know what is.

That's why I love me some Amazon.com.  For all your non perishable and dry goods needs.  They have everything.  Last night I ordered new chargers for our tablet computers, new nursing shoes and a new watch for Kay.  None of which were available in any store in the greater McComb metroplex.

It's a wonderful process.  We ordered sitting on the couch, looking at high res photos of the items on our big screen TV.  The purchases will be delivered to me at my office so I wont even have to get up to answer the door to sign for them. 

You get to double your shopping fun.  First buying online is fun.  Looking at pictures and reading reviews of the products.  Then you get presents in the mail. 

Amazon's one click ordering system has made buying anything easy. I get texts when items are being shipped.  It's perfect.

OK enough non compensated endorsement of Amazon.com.

My cycling gloves came in yesterday, so all my stuff is in.  I'm fully equipped for my first triathlon next month.  I'm geared up, strapped up and suited up.   Now to get trained up so I can finish the race.  Amazon and FedEx can't do that for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment