Pedicab

Pedicab
Livin the dream

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Packin' heat on the bike.

I was rollin' up Parklane Rd and I got stepped to.  Not the first time either.  I let it go before but it's time to stand my ground and step up.  There's a dog that chases me on my bike, he got bold and nipped my heel yesterday.  Now I'm packin' heat.  3 million BTU's of heat.

I don't want to spray the dog, well at least I didn't til yesterday when he nipped at me.   He actually got my heel in his mouth.  I just can't have that. 

He chases me every time I ride by and usually I shout and he runs off.  Not yesterday, yesterday he broke bad.  So I did the suburban guy thing and drove over to the house he runs out from to discuss a solution.  We can work it out. 

But there was a problem,  the people there don't "snitch", not even on a dog.  I explained that I didn't want to get the dog in trouble, I just want to not have to spray the dog.   I got nothing.  I mean...NOTHING.   I asked if they had a dog....  no answer.  I explained the dog running out from the yard and nipping at me....  that got a "we ain't got no dog, my dog up in Amite in da country."

I explained that I don't want to but if the dog comes at me again I'll have to spray him.   The spray will not hurt the dog but he's not gonna like it.  The dog may be in serious discomfort for a little while. 

The guy's response....."that should stop him, who eva dog it is"

So this morning I rolled out; Bike to work week, pepper spray in hand ready to "DO THIS THING" and no dog.  Not a bark.  

Relieved....mostly.  I'm still riding strapped tonight.

1 comment:

  1. No dog again tonight. I guess my talk with the reluctant owner did the trick. Good thing, I was a little trigger happy on the ride home.

    ReplyDelete