Pedicab

Pedicab
Livin the dream

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The "vegan dosen't suck" recipe of the week.

I am rockin' some vegan grub.   This weeks fav is a roasted veggie wrap with tofu roast beef and non dairy cheese.  Here it is.

First Prep:

I do a lot of prep at once so I can put together meals quickly and don't fall into the "I'm so hungry" trap and just eat something.  I have lots of pre-prepped food so I can throw together something quick and good in about 10 minutes.
First I roasted some asparagus, zucchini and yellow squash in the oven for 90 minutes at 350.  Set in the fridge with paper towels separating the veggies.

I made some cashew sour cream in my ninja blender Details Here

Now you're ready to build and wrap.
Start with Ezekiel flour less tortillas








Smear with a mixture of Toufutti better than cream cheese and homemade cashew sour cream with hot sauce to taste. (my personal mix includes Sriracha, Zatarains Creole mustard and roasted HOT peppers)  about a table spoon per tortilla.  Evenly spread.




A half oz of thin sliced Daiya Cheddar "cheese"



2 slices of Tofurkey "roast beef" slices





Romaine, tomato, ground flax seed, roasted asparagus, zucchini and squash slices.
Let the asparagus stick out of each end (the first taste is with the eyes!) Roll up, slice in half and BAM! 
If serving at home I'd put some of the sauce in a pastry sleeve and decorate the wrap and plate with a bed of mixed field greens and an extra tomato wedge. 

I promise to take pictures next week but I was running late this morning and we had to bag and jam to work.

We eat a lot of salads and veggie heavy stir fry's but sometimes you want a "normal" lunch.  This is my first attempt at that.  According to my wife, big success.

Gonna try some TVP soft tacos next.  Tofu noodles and soy shrimp, chickenless cutletts, meatless meatballs and more to follow. 

Geaux Feaux!, meat, that is.



No comments:

Post a Comment